Thank you!

The last few months have been, so far, the toughest of my life. 

 I appreciate the support of so many friends and customers that remained supportive through my long silence. 

Spindle cell sarcoma is a rare, tough, highly malignant tumor that is a model of resistance to chemotherapy. When found in a limb, early amputation may be life-saving. When found on the chest wall, it grows quietly and invades nearby tissues, and is often found in large size. Then the bone destruction and pain begins.

This was the case of my father who, after a fall, was thought to have multiple rib fractures. We soon learned the fractures were not from the fall, but it was a sarcoma gnawing away on his ribs. 

It took that painful monster only 6 months to take my Dad away. 

Nobody deserves a sarcoma, much less my father, a man of his home and family. A man who only worked tirelessly his whole life for his family, who helped everybody beyond his means and lived below his means, and who regretted retiring. A man who taught everybody the meaning of friendship, loyalty, honesty and hard work. 

 I'm overwhelmed by the many friends who stopped by to pay their respects to my father and tell me stories I never heard before in my life. My humble father was a quiet hero to many and, although I always knew, his impact on the life of so many was never so obvious. I will live my life feeling proud and humbled to be his daughter. 

Thank you all. 

Please, donate to the Sarcoma Foundation of America.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's time to play outside: cornhole game time!

Smart TVs starting at $99 !

Christmas Decorations...Indoor & Outdoor